Customer Utility Billing Enterprise System for Water, Sewer & Gas; Call for a Live Demo.
COMPUTIL's Customer Utility Billing Enterprise System (CUBES) provides accounts receivable, cash processing, collections, work orders, customer service procedures, along with automated and manual meter reading interfaces. The application handles a variety of billing types including consumption based, unit charge, flat rate and any combination required. This Windows-based utility billing system is a TOTAL solution for the water and wastewater industry and uses state-of-the-art front-end client interfaces written in Visual Basic utilizing ORACLE, Microsoft SQL Server, and other ODBC compliant databases.
The CUBES application provides online access to the customer database including inquiries, updates, and reporting.
It interfaces with the latest meter reading technology allowing flexibility in the acquisition of meter reads.
This meter reading process is fully integrated with the billing modules allowing for flexibility in scheduling of regular and final bills.
This flexible software application was written specifically for the water and wastewater industry and includes account maintenance, cash receipts, collection procedures, flexible billing, meter maintenance and an interface to related modules such as services requests and work orders.
1. Account Maintenance
- Add or delete accounts
- Add or delete meters per account basis
- Allows different sizes and multiple meters
- Inquiry by account, service location, meter number, name or portion of field. History available for online inquiry (defined by hardware)
- Deposit system for necessary customers
- Ability to have different types of accounts for the same premise (ex. final bill, private, fire, active meter)
- Ability to define own customer codes
- Updated information with audit trail
- Ability to define rate structure and schedule with user-friendly screens
- Ability to bill via dates, companies, routes, cycles
- User-defined estimation rules
- Final bill and quote processing available
- Ability to VIP specific bills on temporary or permanent basis
- Special messaging available with user-defined bill format
- Ability to define billing period on a per account basis
- Handles multiple meter processing
3. Cash Receipts
- Handles full or partial payment
- Produces daily cash receipts and posting report
- Ability to correct miss-posted payments
- Interfaces with automated cash remittance processing
- Unlimited payment history
- Batch processing or immediate update to account balance available
- Self-balancing cash posting procedures
- Scan line/bar coding available
4. Meter Reading
- Ability to produce daily and monthly productivity reports
- Interfaces with automated meter reading technology
- Generates daily meter edits
- Ability to update meter information
- Ability to update remote meter information
- Meter history inquiry available
- Handles cut and set including updating of premise history
- Meter reading document creation and data entry available
- Meter test tracking and entry
5. Work Orders/Customer Complaints
- Ability to log, track and report customer complaints
- Complete work order system including the following:
- Generation of service request, utilizing user-defined codes. Requests can be prioritized and printed accordingly
- Scheduling of work orders available, including a history of pre-scheduled work orders by date
- Completion of work orders integrated with meter out/sets as required
- Automated generation of meter periodic inspection work orders based on user-defined parameters
- Complete reporting of open and closed work orders and the ability to bulk print
- User-defined reporting
- Examples of production reports:
- Billing register
- Cash posting
- Daily Maintenance
- Adjustment Reports
- Interest Register
- Lien Reporting
- Collection reports
- Examples of monthly reports:
- Aged Trial Balance
- Monthly Receipt and Revenue
- Consumption by Cycle
- Consumption Revenue Adjustment
- Accounts in Arrears
- Defined Collection Reports
Computil's Staff has many years of experience working with various billing systems as a reseller, data converter, customer support provider, and developer of unique billing applications.
Computil was recently awarded a ten year contract for a major Water Pollution Control Authority for the provision of billing software and services for over 30,000 customers. COMPUTIL is the primary service arm for this work.
The contract is serviced through the use of the COMPUTIL consumption based utility billing system which handles all aspects of customer service, receivables and reporting.
In addition, COMPUTIL handles the billing operations including bill generation, printing, inserting, and mailing.
Other services include:
- Communicate with financial institutions to provide electronic transfer and bulk posting of customer payments.
- Provide electronic storage and printing of accounting, maintenance, receipts, collections and various other supporting reports.
- Offer additional customer correspondences including, but not limited to, reminder bills, tax warrants, and liens and other special collection notices.
- Provide storage and inventory reporting for all printed materials that will be provided by the client.
- Supply all customer account history that is maintained on disk and available for on-line access. Includes all appropriate system backups and off-site storage. Excessive account history is maintained off-line.
Call 203-538-5453 to see how CUBES can enhance your billing experience!